Dandruff is a common scalp disorder that affects 50% of the world population. Dandruff is the result of the overproduction of dead skin and it can also occur due to dry skin, irritated oily skin, the growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp and other such factors. Fortunately, there are many natural ways that help you get rid of this embarrassing problem. Here are the best natural remedies to fight dandruff.
1. White Vinegar: White vinegar is one of the most effective natural remedies for dandruff. It helps in treating itchy, dry skin and it has acetic acid that prevents the growth of fungi on your scalp.
– Apply an equal quantity mixture of white vinegar with water on the scalp skin.
– Then wash your head after half an hour.
– Alternatively, massage your scalp with a mixture of two parts white vinegar, one part olive oil and three parts water. After 10 minutes, rinse it off and shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo.
– Do any of those remedies once or twice a week.
2. Garlic: Garlic is extremely beneficial as an anti-fungal natural product.
– Pound a clove or two of garlic and mix them with water, then apply it on your scalp to see quick results.
3. Olive Oil: The olive oil can cure scalp dryness which is one of the main reasons of dandruff.
– Apply a little bit of unrefined organic olive to scaly patches on the scalp.
– Let it sit for about an hour, then use a comb or brush to smooth out the hair.
4. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has strong antifungal properties which make it very effective in treating dandruff.
– Add a drop or two of tea tree oil to your shampoo and wash normally.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is an effective natural remedy for treating dandruff because of its soothing properties that help heal irritated skin. It also has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties.
– Apply it on the scalp and then washed off with a medicated anti-dandruff or mild shampoo.
6. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil helps eliminate dandruff due to its antifungal properties. It also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching.
– Take some coconut oil and mix half the amount of lemon juice in it.
– Rub it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
– Wash your hair after at least 20 minutes.