No doubt that acne is one of the most annoying skin problems that anyone can experience. But what makes it worse are the scars that acne leaves behind. In fact, acne scars are harder to remove than the acne itself. Although most scars fade in their own after month, most of us have no patient to wait until they go, so we always look for something to hasten the process. Fortunately, there are some natural remedies that can lighten your acne scars and gradually remove them. Below are 4 effective natural remedies to remove acne scars naturally
1. Lemon: Lemon is a natural bleaching agent. It is known to display acidic properties that kill the skin troubling bacteria, thus making your skin free of pimples and scars.
• Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice. Mix this juice with water and apply it on the scars. Leave it on for at least two hours and then wash your face.
• You can even mix a teaspoon of lemon juice with two teaspoons of Vitamin E oil and then apply this to your acne scars. Vitamin E is a very good emollient with a lot of antioxidants that protects and even improves your skin texture.
2. Honey: Honey is a natural antiseptic ingredient that helps treat acne. Along with acne, it is also capable of treating acne scars
• Apply honey on the scars and leave it overnight. Wash off in the morning.
• Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of honey with a ¼ cup of oatmeal. Apply this mixture gently on pimple scars. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes then wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Olive Oil: Olive oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help remove acne scars, while deep nourishing the skin to make it soft and supple.
• Wash your face with lukewarm water and towel dry.
• Take some olive oil and massage it on your face.
• Leave it on for two hours, and then wash your face with a glycerine-based face wash.
4. Tomatoes: Tomato contains large portions of lycopene, which helps in absorbing excess oil produced by the skin in healing acne. It also lightens the skin, removes tan, and fades scars.
• Take two to three tomatoes and peel off the skin. Cut them into pieces. Blend in a mixer along with one tablespoon of curd and one teaspoon of wild turmeric powder.
• Apply it all over your face.
• Allow it to dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, rinse it off with cold water.
• Pat dry your skin.