Our bodies produce oils that help in keeping skin healthy, but when these oils are too much they can lead to some imperfections. Oily skin can be hard to management as the accumulation of excess oil on the outer skin layer always lead to white and black heads, pimples and acnes. But on the other hand, oily skin tends to age better than dry or normal skin developing fewer lines and wrinkles. And here are some tips about spoiling your oily skins
1. Clean your face twice a day with warm water and soap or a facial cleanser. Choose a gentle cleanser because a harsher cleanser can increase oil production. But if you want something stronger, go for products that are made specifically for oily skin and acne. Wax- and oil-free cleansing products are recommended by dermatologists. But if you have an oily sensitive skin, go for fragrance-free products. Use your hands to clean your face and avoid cleaning your face with a washcloth or loofah.
2. Don’t use any scrubs for your face because they can stimulate oil production.
3. Using toner is an extra skin care step which is only recommended for people with especially oily skin. For most people, certain alcohols in toners can dry the skin out too much. An alcohol-based astringent with salicylic acid is the best one for people with oily skin. If you use a toner, apply it only on the oily areas which mostly are the forehead and around the nose.
4. There is a wrong belief that oily skin doesn’t need to be moisturized. Oily skin needs to be moisturized, but give a great attention to the type of the moisturizer you are going to choose. Avoid buying oily moisturizers and go for water based or oil-free moisturizers. The amount of the moisturizer you will apply for the dry areas on your face should be more than the oily areas.
5. When choosing your cosmetic products, always choose those with gel, liquid or powder bases. Examine the products first to make sure that your products are oil-free or water-based because these cosmetics contain ingredients that will not block your pores.
6. Using face masks and clays is good for your skin as they draw out the extra oil from the skin and remove any impurities. Don’t use them frequently because the overuse can dry and irritate your skin.