People with oily skin always suffer from many skin problems including acne, large pores, blackhead, and others. Oily skin is caused by overactive sebaceous glands. These glands produce natural oil or sebum to keep the skin moisturized but excessive production leads to oily skin. Luckily, you can control oily skin with some natural home remedies, but the most effective natural ingredient that can help your oily skin is the egg. It consists of the chemical compounds which help to reduce the sebum production. Below are 3 amazing egg face masks that will help you control your oily skin.
1. Egg White With Lemon Juice:
Egg white is an amazing ingredient to reduce the sebum production and for shrinking the pore size. On the other hand, citric acid and vitamin C content in lemon juice work as an astringent which shrinks the skin pores and thus reduces the excess production of sebum.
• Add 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to 1 egg white.
• Whisk well till it turns frothy.
• Rinse your face with lukewarm water and pat dry it.
• Then apply this egg white mix on all over your face (avoid eye and mouth area).
• Let it sit for about 25 – 30 minutes or more till it dries completely.
• Later splash some plain water on the face and massage the damp face in circular motions to loosen the mask.
• Then rinse your face thoroughly with water and dry it.
2. Egg White and Honey:
Honey absorbs excess moisture from the skin and prevents excessive oiliness without drying it out completely. The antimicrobial and antiseptic properties of honey help to clear acne and other skin problems.
• Add a tablespoon of honey to 1 egg white and whisk well till it turns frothy.
• Clean your face with lukewarm water and dry it with a towel.
• Apply a thin coat of this face pack all over your face using a brush.
• Leave it on to dry on its own.
• Wash your face with lukewarm water.
3. Egg White with Avocado:
Avocado has vitamin A & C that moisturize and nourish your skin without making your skin too oily or too dry.
• Mash 1/2 piece of a ripe avocado and add 1 egg white.
• Stir well to make the mix foamy and apply this mix on the face as a mask.
• Massage gently into the skin in circular motions for a couple of minutes.
• After 15 – 20 minutes rinse off with warm water and then splash cold water to close the skin pores.