Herbs have been used for many years in skin products due to their soothing and cleansing properties. And in these days many women tend to make herbal face masks their own at home to get the amazing benefits these herbs provide. By using certain herbs for making DIY face masks, you can solve many skin problems including acne, dryness, and dullness. In this article, we will talk about some herbs that you can incorporate into your DIY face masks to get amazing results. Here are 5 herbs you should consider incorporating them into your homemade face masks.
1. Mint: Mint has medicinal and astringent properties that make it amazing choice for your face mask. Due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it is effective in dealing with blemishes.
– Heat 2 large cucumbers with a little water in a pan and then add a few chopped mint leaves.
– Blend well, then allow the mint to completely cool.
– Apply to skin and leave for 20 minutes before washing off with cool water.
2. Rosemary: Rosemary helps to cleanse and revitalize the skin.
– Mix one teaspoon of ground rosemary leaves with a ¼ cup of avocado oil.
– Strain the oil and mix the remains with 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt.
– Apply this paste to your face and leave it for 20 minutes, then rinse your face with warm water.
3. Chamomile: Chamomile is a great herb that cleanses tones and moisturizes the skin. So it is very effective for the sensitive or dry skin and it is also good for windburn, sunburn or weather chapped skin. It soothes the skin and reduces inflammation so that your skin is less irritated and more radiant.
– Add 1 tablespoon of ground chamomile to one mashed banana.
– Apply the mask on your face and let it set for at least 30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.
Note: This mask should be applied immediately once as it can’t be kept in the fridge.
4. Calendula: Calendula oil can do wonders for your skin. It can be used on a diaper rash, acne, scars, wounds, rashes, eczema, and plain old dry skin. Calendula is soothing and cooling, which makes it perfect for any skin type.
5. Turmeric: Turmeric facial makes are best used to treat eczema and blemishes, as it is a natural anti-inflammatory.
– Blend 1 teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of raw honey, then add1 teaspoon of natural yogurt and mix well to form the paste.
– Apply the mask to your face and allow it to thoroughly dry and leave for around 20 minutes.
– Remove with cool water and pat skin dry.