Eyes are the most beautiful part of the face. When applying makeup, eyes are given the most attention because they can defiantly enhance our beauty. But there is always a nightmare which can spoil all your efforts to get the iconic eyes. It is dark eye circles. Dark eye circles can be a person’s worst nightmare as they make you look dull, old and tired. They don’t spare young or old, women or men. We always ask about how to get rid of them, but what really matters is to know what cause them. Once we know what the reasons behind dark circles are, it will be easier to find the right solution to get rid of them. So let us investigate 6 shocking reasons behind dark circles to cure them accordingly.
1. Lack of Sleep: If you are tired for a long time and don’t get enough hours of sleep, the skin under your eyes turns pretty pale and blood at this area becomes more visible. This visibility of blood vessels appears as dark circles.
2. Age: In general, the skin under the eye is thin as well as delicate. As we age, the skin of this area tends to turn even thinner, making the blood vessels protuberant that result in giving dark circles.
3. Dehydration: Dehydration can cause many health problems and it causes dark circles as well. When your body does not get sufficient water supply, the symptoms first appear in some specific areas and under eye skin is one of them. To cure dark circles, make sure you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day. You should also include fruit juices in your diet.
4. Allergy: The nasal congestion associated with seasonal allergies can cause something of a blood traffic jam under the eyes, which will leave dark circles behind. Most of the times, the reason behind dark circles in kids is an allergy.
5. Smoking and Drinking: Dark circle under your eyes can be due to your drinking and smoking habit as well since they cause loss of water from the body. When the body lacks proper amount of water, the symptoms are often visible in the area under your eyes.
6. Over Exposure to Sun: Due to overexposure to the sun, skin surface develops pigmentation and create dark circles under the eye. Being exposed to the sun for a long time produces a high amount of melanin around eyes than regular, thus causing that unwanted dark color.