Parsley is one of the most underappreciated herbs out there. Can you imagine that this amazing herb that is packed with various health and beauty benefits is used primarily as a garnish? This shouldn’t be the case anymore. In this article, we are going to show you some of the wonders parsley can do for your skin and hair, which will make you appreciate this herb.
1. Lightens Up Dark Circles: Parsley works wonder to erase under eye dark circles. It contains a high amount of Vitamin C, chlorophyll, and Vitamin K, which help to lighten the under eye area and reduce puffiness.
2. Fights Wrinkles: Parsley is a rich source of vitamin C that is responsible for the production of natural collagen which can reverse fine lines and wrinkles.
3. Clears Skin: Consuming parsley abundantly helps to balance excess sebum secretion in oily skin. It further helps to clear the pores, which might otherwise lead to acne outbreaks. Zinc in parsley controls skin inflammation and promotes skin regeneration. It also reduces the redness and diminishes acne blemishes.
4. Erases Dark Spots: Parsley is beneficial for reducing the appearance of dark spots and skin discoloration. Parsley, honey, and lemon juice face mask can effectively erase dark spots and skin discoloration.
5. Prevents Hair Loss: Parsley is rich in other important nutrients which address a number of nutritional deficiencies that lead to hair loss or weak hair. Parsley has been traditionally used as a hair tonic to disinfect scalp and control hair loss. It contains apigenin, an antioxidant flavonoid which controls hair fall through the regulation of TGF-beta1 gene.
6. Improves Healing: Parsley has a large quantity of Vitamin C in it, which helps the skin rejuvenate and heal faster. Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen, which is the substance that keeps skin looking young and vital. If you’ve noticed that Vitamin C serum is growing in popularity, it is precisely because of these anti-aging and increased collagen properties which make it a favorite amongst people of all ages.
8. Reduces pore size: The vitamin C is also beneficial for nourishing the skin and closing pores. The increase in collagen reduces the size of the pores.