One of the most unlikable things we experience as we age is aging signs that appear especially on our face. But aside from resorting to alternatives such as plastic surgery to conceal signs of aging of the skin, Is there a natural way to reverse them? Of course, yes. It’s possible to erase years from your face simply by changing your diet. By following a healthy, nutritious diet and focusing on eating anti-aging superfoods, you can slow down the aging process. Let’s take a look at the best foods to eat to make your skin look younger and glowing.
1. Tomatoes: Tomatoes can fight against aging thanks to the presence of lycopene, an antioxidant that can combat harmful free radicals. Tomatoes also fight the after effects of aging caused by the sun.
2. Berries: Berries have always been known for their antioxidants and vitamins that can help your body stay young and healthy. Blueberries have been found to enhance and enrich a person’s skin. As you age, the risk of skin damage due to free radicals increases. The antioxidants found in blueberries can help prevent these free radicals from damaging skin cells, preventing premature aging.
3. Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of collagen and elastin, which are both vital to healthy skin. A diet high in essential amino acids (which the body can’t make on its own) helps keep your skin firm and elastic. Meat and eggs are your best sources for essential amino acids.
4. Foods rich in omega-3s: The cells of aging skin are like slightly deflated balls. Omega-3 fatty acids plump up the walls of these cells, making them bouncy again. Fatty fish and nuts are the best sources to get omega-3 fatty acids.
5. Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate contains flavonoids that can help keep your skin soft, and it helps protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. The skin protecting properties of dark chocolate makes it a great anti-aging food. Although it is good for your skin, you still have to eat it in moderation like all the other sweets.
6. Fermented foods: A radiant gut translates into a radiant and wrinkle-free skin, while a bad gut is a leading cause of skin aging. That’s because good gut bacteria help keep your body well supplied with the nutrients your skin thrives on. So you need to improve your gut health by eating fermented foods, which will result in a glowing skin.