Aloe vera gel is a very popular natural remedy for many skin problems. Thanks to its incredible cooling and soothing properties it can be used as an amazing remedy for burns. It helps to improve the new skin cell quickly. If you are looking for the best natural choice to go for when you get burned, there is no doubt that aloe vera gel should be the way to go. When applied to burned area, aloe vera gel inhibits production of substances that trigger pain. Aside from repairing the skin tissues damaged by the burn, aloe vera gel is also known to minimize scarring. You can use aloe vera gel on burned area directly or you can combine it with other natural ingredients. In this article, we are going to share 4 methods to use aloe vera gel to soothe burns.
1. Aloe Vera Gel:
– Keep the burned area under cool water for 10 minutes, until the stinging sensation subsides
– Now apply aloe vera gel directly on the burned area.
– Leave it for 5 minutes.
– After 5 minutes, apply a second coating of the aloe vera gel.
– Again leave it for 10 minutes.
2. Aloe Vera Gel and Honey: Honey also has cooling properties which can be effective in soothing burns. Also, the anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of honey help in repairing the damaged tissues of the skin.
– Mix ¼ cup of raw honey, one tablespoon aloe vera gel, and one tablespoon coconut oil.
– Before applying this mixture, dab some apple cider vinegar on the affected area to help restore the normal pH balance of the skin, then apply the aloe vera mixture.
3. Aloe Vera Gel and Lavender: Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It helps reduce the burning pain and also promoted regeneration of the skin cells.
– Mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, one teaspoon of sandalwood powder, and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
– Apply all the ingredients to the burned area.
– Reapply as often as needed.
4. Aloe vera gel and coconut oil: Coconut oil supports regeneration of the skin cells.
– Add two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to one tablespoon turmeric powder, one tablespoon honey, and ½ cup coconut oil.
– Mix all the ingredients and apply them to the burned area.
– Reapply the mixture to the burn as needed.