One of the most things we are worried about as we age is the appearance of wrinkles. They are a natural part of the aging process which everyone will have to deal with at some point, but the severity of the problem will differ from person to another depending on genetics, weight fluctuations, sun exposure, and the kinds of skin products we use over time.
Although there are many cosmetic treatments that promise to reduce wrinkles, it is absolutely better to go natural and when it comes to natural ingredients you will not find something more effective in reducing wrinkles than coconut oil. It boosts the production of collagen and encourages the regeneration of cells in your skin. It effectively fades away wrinkles and makes your skin taut. If you don’t know how you can use coconut oil to fight wrinkles, here are 4 ways how you can use it.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar and Coconut oil: Apple cider vinegar works as an astringent. It balances the skin’s pH and tones the skin before the coconut oil is applied.
– Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of water and apply it to your face using a cotton ball. Let it dry naturally, and then massage your face with coconut oil. Keep the oil on overnight.
2. Coconut oil with Vitamin E: Vitamin E oil helps heal damaged skin while supporting the growth of healthy new skin cells.
– Pierce the vitamin E capsule carefully and pour the contents into a bowl.
– To this, add the coconut oil and mix well.
– Apply this oil blend all over a clean and dry face. Massage it in for a few minutes.
3. Coconut oil and Honey: Honey is rich in antioxidants that heal damaged skin. This will eventually iron out the wrinkles and give your skin a wonderful glow.
– Mix one tablespoon of coconut oil with ½ teaspoon of honey.
– Apply this mixture to the affected area and let it sit for about an hour.
– Rinse it off with water.
4. Coconut oil, Cucumber, and Aloe vera: Cucumber and aloe vera provide the nutrients skin needs to maintain moisture and elasticity.
– In a blender, mix ½ cup of organic coconut oil, ½ cup of organic aloe vera gel, and one peeled, chopped cucumber until smooth.
– Use fingertips to massage into skin until completely absorbed.
– Refrigerate leftover lotion and use twice a day.