Acne is a common skin problem that plagues millions of people of all ages. There are many factors that cause acne such as sleep deprivation, too much stress, and unhealthy eating habits. It is common for teenagers to suffer from acne which happens because of the increased hormone levels in their body. From mild to severe, cases of acne cause painful and unsightly outbreaks on the face, back, chest and even arms. When it left untreated it can lead to diminished self-esteem and scarring. The good news is that there are many easy and natural cures which can help you get rid of acne or at least minimize the problem.
Here Are Top 4 Home Remedies For Acne:
1. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil is a popular natural treatment for acne due to its natural inflammation-fighting properties. It acts as an antiseptic and disinfects the pores. Also, it helps kill the bacteria that cause acne.
• Apply one drop of tea tree oil on the affected area three times a day.
• Alternatively, mix a few drops of tea tree oil with between 20 and 40 drops of witch hazel, then apply the mixture on your skin using a cotton swab. Do this remedy once or twice a day.
2. Honey: Honey can help remove acne because it contains antibiotic properties.
• Apply a teaspoon of honey to affected areas.
• Or you can make a mask by mixing ½ cup of honey with 1 cup of plain oatmeal and leaving it on for 30 minutes.
3. Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be effective in treating acne because of its citric acid property. Lemon will clean out dirt that has accumulated in the pores and will harden the sebum. Moreover, it is an astringent which will cause a contraction of body tissues and will, therefore, dry out blemish itself.
• Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area and leave it for a few hours before rinsing your face with water. You can use it on your skin daily but if it is too dry then use it every two or three days.
• Or mix equal amounts of lemon juice and rose water and wash the affected area with this mixture.
4. Mint: Mint contains menthol, which works as a natural anti-inflammatory and pain killer. It can help the redness fade and ease up the discomfort caused by painful swelling. It can also help remove pore-clogging oil.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of finely chopped mint with two tablespoons each of plain yogurt and oatmeal.
• Leave the mixture on your face for 10 minutes, then rinse off with water.