Nowadays, many girls and women want to have a lighter complexion and they seek many ways to achieve that. Generally, dark and dull skin can be caused by overexposure to the sun, environmental pollution, a medical condition, dry skin, stress, poor lifestyle choices, and prolonged use of chemical-based cosmetic products. There are many skin whitening creams available in the market, but the problem most of these products contain harmful chemicals which can damage your skin in the long run. The good news is that you can whiten your skin complexion naturally but simple natural home remedies.
Here are the top 4 Natural Home Remedies to Whiten Your Skin:
1. Yogurt: Yogurt has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid that has bleaching properties.
– Gently apply plain yogurt onto your skin. Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this once daily for several weeks to get effective results.
– Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with a one-half tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do this on a daily basis.
2. Papaya: Fresh papaya has many benefits for the skin. It contains enzymes such as papain and alpha hydroxy acids that have the ability to dissolve dead cells and remove impurities, which result in glowing skin.
– Mash ½ cup of fresh papaya pieces till you get a smooth and thick paste.
– Add 1 teaspoon honey to this paste and mix thoroughly.
– Apply the paste to your face and keep it on for about 20 minutes.
– Wash your face with warm water.
– Rinse again with cold water and pat your skin dry.
3. Turmeric: Turmeric is often used to improve skin complexion. It helps build up the kind of melanin content to maintain an even skin tone.
– Mix turmeric powder and milk cream to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your skin. Allow it to dry and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Follow this remedy regularly to get effective result.
4. Gram Flour: Gram flour is one of the best ingredients for those who want to lighten their skin complexion. It contains various nutrients that help keep your skin very healthy. Using the remedy below every other day will help remove excess oil from your skin while retaining your skin’s natural moisture.
– Mix some gram flour with a small amount of water or rosewater to make a thick paste.
– Apply it on your face and leave it on until the paste dries. Then wash it off with water.