Many people say they have sensitive skin because their skin easily gets irritated after using skin care products or household products. There are a few medical conditions including rosacea, eczema, and allergic that can cause similar symptoms and are commonly mistaken for sensitive skin. So it is important to see your dermatologist to determine the main cause of the problem. In this article, we are going to share the most common signs of sensitive skin that most people with sensitive skin experience them.
1. Your Skin is Reactive: If your skin is sensitive, you probably notice you develop symptoms when you use products that contain harsh agents such as soaps, detergents, fragrances, perfumes, skin care products, and household products. Such products can irritate your sensitive skin and overloading the skin with too many of them can cause further inflammation.
2. Constant Redness: It is common for people with sensitive skin to have some amount of redness which can take the form of a red rash, red bumps, blushing, and flushing. The redness can be handled by using cold compresses or minor treatment.
3. You often Develop Rashes: Sensitive skin always develops red, dry, or bumpy rashes when exposed to a trigger. Products that are left on the skin such as facial creams can cause you to develop a rash very quickly after contact. Rashes can be uncomfortable, unsightly, and stubborn.
4. You Are Prone to Acnes: The lack of moisture in sensitive skin prompts an over-production of oil to compensate, producing acne and a shiny surface on the face. To deal with this problem you need to clean your skin properly to remove makeup and pollution.
5. Skin is Sensitive to Hot and Cold: During seasonal changes, people with sensitive are more prone to develop some symptoms: the Polar Vortex-like cold can cause windburn, while extreme heat leaves skin vulnerable to the harmful effects of the sun. You need to avoid applying too hot or too cold temperatures to your face. You should always apply sunscreen on your body especially your face when you are outside. Choose a sunscreen with the ingredients zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Also, you should choose the one that is broad-spectrum and has SPF 30 or higher.
6. Your Skin Flakes and Peels: Especially if you have dry skin, you may deal with a lot of flaking and even peeling. It causes annoying appearance and can be embarrassing. F the peeling is deep, or if you pick at it , it can leave raw, painful skin that is at risk for infection and even scarring.