A glowing, clear and young-looking skin is one of the main things women seek. And in order to achieve that they spend a fortune on buying cosmetic products and trying many options that promise the perfect skin. But this isn’t the only way to get a perfect complexion. What do you eat can greatly help with your skin problems and give you the perfect skin look. You need to nourish your skin from the inside out by eating a healthy diet. Here are 5 foods that are loaded with helpful nutrient and great skin boosters.
1. Berries: Berries such as blueberries, raspberries and blackcurrants are considered one of the best foods for skin. They are excellent sources of vitamin C, which is a strong antioxidant that helps keep the collagen in your skin healthy. Berries also contain quercetin, catechins and resveratrol, which help reduce inflammation and keep your skin evenly toned and radiant.
2. Avocados: Avocados are natural skin moisturizer due to the healthy fats and nutrients present in them. In fact, they act as humectants for your skin and help give it a more youthful quality and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Also, they are a good source of vitamin E, which works as an antioxidant so may protect the skin cells against damage from free radicals. The high amount of vitamin E helps protect the skin from wrinkles and damage caused by sun, smoke, and pollution.
3. Salmon: Wild salmon is one of the best food sources for omega-3 fatty acids, which helps keep your skin supple and moisturized. It is known to nourish the skin by reducing the body’s production of inflammatory substances. This, in turn, helps clear clogged pores and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking clear and refreshed.
4. Tomatoes: Tomatoes are great for your skin as they contain a high level of the anti-aging antioxidant known as lycopene, which helps protect the skin from sun damage. The acidic property in tomatoes helps in reducing and clearing up acne and other skin blemishes.
5. Spinach: This leafy green vegetable is rich in nutrients and antioxidants. Spinach is a good source of vitamins B, C, and E, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids, which are all good for your skin. Also, spinach is packed with beta-carotene, so it helps prevent dry skin and wrinkles and protects the skin against sunburn and UV damage.