Zinc is an important mineral which plays a vital role in protein synthesis and helps regulate the cell production in the immune system of the human body. Zinc is required for proper growth and development. It is actually present within all bodily tissue and needed for healthy cell division. If you want to know more about how important is zinc for your health. Here are 5 health benefits of zinc.
1. Balances Hormones: Zinc benefits hormonal health and fertility because it plays an important role in hormone production, including increasing testosterone naturally. Zinc also impacts female sex hormones and is even involved in the creation and release of eggs within and from the ovaries. Zinc is needed for the production of estrogen and progesterone in women, which both support reproductive health.
2. Fights Chronic Fatigue: People suffering from chronic fatigue are usually told to consume fish oil because it is rich in zinc. Zinc is necessary for normal muscle function, and many researchers believe that muscle fatigue is one of the major causes of chronic fatigue. Therefore, zinc is the ideal supplement to boost your energy levels.
3. Heals Wounds: Zinc’s ability to contribute in healing wounds is actually one of its top benefits. Bodies that contain adequate levels of zinc will find that healing of various types of wounds is less in duration than those who might have an under abundance of zinc.
4. Fights Diabetes: As we said above, zinc is needed to balance most hormones and insulin is not an exception. Insulin is the main hormone involved in the regulation of blood sugar and as a diabetes natural cure. Zinc benefits blood sugar levels because it binds to insulin so insulin is adequately stored in the pancreas and released when glucose enters the bloodstream. It also allows for proper utilization of digestive enzymes that are necessary for insulin to bind to cells so glucose is used as fuel for the body, instead of stored as fat.
5. Fights Cancer: Zinc has natural antioxidant properties which help it actively seeks out free radicals, the hazardous byproducts of cell metabolism that can cause a number of diseases. Free radicals can morph normal cells into cancerous cells by breaking down the DNA integrity so the elimination of free radicals by antioxidants is one of the most vital lines of defense against many kinds of cancer. Zinc can treat breast cancer and also protects our skin from the sun’s harmful (UV) rays. It is included in most of the sunscreens in the form of zinc oxide, so it is useful in preventing skin cancer.