Losing belly fat or having a defined abs is somewhat hard but possible. Losing these stubborn fats that are accumulated in your belly requires a hard and constant work. If you are willing to get rid of this annoying fat the following tips will greatly help you as they are the most effective tips on losing belly fat.
1. Eat Carbohydrates: The type of carbs you consume have a great effect on losing or gaining weight. When you consume whole grains such as dark bread, brown rice, couscous, and bulgur wheat, you automatically reduce your intake of other types because whole grains are rich in fiber so you feel full for a longer period and they are more difficult to digest. According to a study published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition Showed the dieters who ate whole grains lost twice as much belly fat than those who consumed the same amount of calories, but ate refined grains (e.g. white bread, white pasta).
2. Do Weight-bearing Exercise: A research showed that, the more weight-bearing the exercise, the more fat you burn from your belly. Weight-bearing exercise is any type of exercise you do on feet and legs and that works your muscles and bones against gravity. Weight-bearing exercises include walking, running, using the elliptical machine, and dancing.
3. Sleep: Getting enough sleep (at least 7 hours) can help you lose belly fat. Sleep deprivation leads to an increase in ghrelin (the hunger hormone) and decreases leptin (the satiety hormone). So you will feel more hunger and your feeling of fullness will decrease. Research by Columbia University showed that women who only get 5 hours sleep are almost twice as likely to be obese than women who get 7 hours sleep.
4. Cut of Sugar: High sugar food can cause many health problems and it also leads to belly fat. Glucagon is the hormone that acts in opposition to insulin; you know that we need to keep insulin as low as possible because it has fat-storage effects, that means that we need to keep glucagon levels high to prevent fat from storage. But when you eat a high sugar food or refined carbohydrates your blood sugar increases, causing insulin to spike and glucagon to be low. Thus, you want to eat as little sugar as possible to lose weight.
5. Eat Yogurt: Yogurt can greatly help you to lose weight. Research shows yogurt to be effective in boosting fat loss generally and belly fat specifically. Moreover, it also helps in maintain muscle mass which generally decreases during weight loss.