Many people feel self-conscious because of their chubby cheeks. Excess cheek fat makes the face look older and bulky. There are many reasons that can cause plumpness on your face include excessive consumption of alcohol, aging, genetics, soft facial muscles, and obesity. Although you can’t target your face fat for weight loss, you can follow some strategies that can help you get a slimmer face, which are:
1. Lose overall Body Fat: If you want to have a slimmer face, you need to lose fat overall. And to lose weight you should create a caloric deficit which involves eating fewer calories than you burn. Creating the appropriate caloric deficit depends on your age, gender, activity level, and size. To make this deficit possible, you need to do more physical activity and eat smaller portions of healthy foods.
2. Drink Lots of Water: Dehydration causes water retention and makes your face appear bloated. So you need to drink a lot of water daily to keep your body well-hydrated. Also, water helps reduce face fat as it flushes toxins out of your body.
3. Eat Healthy Food: Include vegetables, fruits, low-fat dairy, lean proteins and whole grains in your diet as such foods will make you skin look healthy and also help you lose weight. Protein is quite important for weight loss because it helps you feel full at meals and discourages your body from burning muscle.
4. Control Your Salt Intake: Avoid eating foods that are packed with much salt. Salt encouraged your body to retain more water causing your face to bloat. So, stay away from junk and processed food. Also, sugar is linked to fatter face. Processed carbs that contain much sugar cause bloated face.
5. Exercise to Lose face fat: You can exercise your face to make it look slimmer. This works by strengthening facial muscles, reducing saggy skin in the face. Examples of facial exercises can be:
• Puffy cheeks exercise: Simply take a deep breath and hold the air in your cheeks. Then push it to the other cheek. Do this several times throughout the day.
• Smiling Fish Exercise: Suck in your cheeks to make a fish face and then try to smile while holding this posture. Stay in this position for 10 seconds and then repeat for 5 times.
6. Facial Massage: It is an effective way to lose cheek fat. Regular face massage stimulates healthy blood circulation, drains lymphatic build-up and decreases water retention.