Yogurt is an amazing beneficial product not only for the health but also to skin and hair. Yogurt contains zinc, lactic acid, and B vitamins that offer beauty benefits. In this article, we are going to share some beauty benefits of yogurt for skin and hair.
1. Treats Dandruff: Yogurt has an anti-fungal property that fights dandruff and smoothens out each strand of your hair. It also helps relieve itching on the scalp, one of the prominent symptoms of dandruff.
• Apply yogurt on your scalp and massage it for 5 to 10 minutes. You can also add a little lemon to the yogurt before applying it. Leave for 45 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Cover head with a towel for one hour after hair wash. Use this remedy a few times a week.
• Alternatively, mix together ½ cup of yogurt and 3 tablespoons of ground fenugreek seeds. Apply it on your scalp and hair. Wait 1 hour, then wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat this remedy once a week.
2. Fights Pimples and Acne: Because of its natural antibacterial and antifungal properties, yogurt can help fight acne. Moreover, yogurt contains zinc which has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling and inflammation caused by acne.
• Dip a cotton ball in plain, unsweetened yogurt and apply it on the affected areas. Leave it overnight and wash your face with cool water in the next morning. Use this remedy daily before going to bed.
• Alternatively, make a paste of 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder, then massage this paste on the affected areas. Allow it to set for 15 minutes, then wash your face with cool water. Use it once or twice a day.
3. Conditions Hair: Yogurts acts as a deep conditioner and makes your hair soft, smooth and shiny. Also, the antibacterial and antifungal properties it has helps keep your skin clean and free of infections.
• Apply unsweetened yogurt on wet hair before shampooing. Let the scalp soak its essential elements for 15 to 20 minutes and finally rinse off with lukewarm water. Use this hair treatment once a week.
4. Treats Hair Fall: Yogurt when applied on the scalp transfers its essential minerals to the scalp and help it treat hair fall.
• Mix 1 teaspoon of grinder fenugreek seeds in a cup of yogurt and apply on your scalp thoroughly. Leave for 40 minutes before washing. Use this remedy regularly for the best results.