Aloe vera is a common plant that has incredible medicinal properties. This amazing planet is used in an extensive way in the beauty industry. The gel inside aloe vera leaves is loaded with several nutrients, minerals, and vitamins that are good for the skin and hair. To help you know how to make the best use of this miracle plant, here are some of the many beauty uses of aloe vera.
1. Treats Acne: Aloe vera can be used as an effective treatment for acne. It contains Auxin and Gibberellins hormones which have wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties help reduce skin inflammation and stimulate the growth of new cells. You can apply fresh aloe vera gel directly on the affected areas a few times a day. Or you can mix 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel with ½ teaspoon each of honey and lemon juice. Apply it on the acne-affected area. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse it off with water. Do this twice daily.
2. Natural Moisturizer: Aloe vera can be used as a great skin moisturizer as it will keep your skin hydrated and enhances its elasticity. And it can easily penetrate into the skin when applied topically and also helps restore the pH balance of the skin. The best part about aloe vera that it doesn’t leave the skin feeling greasy making it a perfect option for all skin types. Scoop out the gel of the aloe vera plant and massage your face with the gel.
3. Anti-aging Treatment: Using aloe vera on a regular basis as an essential part of your beauty regimen can have a good effect in preventing premature aging signs because it is rich in antioxidants. Also, the gel contains polysaccharides that stimulate skin regeneration. If you have fine lines, aloe vera can help smooth out some of them and improve the skin natural firmness.
4. Treats Sunburns: Aloe vera contains soothing and anti-inflammatory properties that help treat skin sunburn. Plus, the gel helps retain the skin’s moisture level, which is important for healing sunburned skin. Apply freshly extracted aloe vera gel directly on the sunburned area and allow it to dry on its own.
5. Natural Makeup Remover: Why to use commercial makeup removers that contain harmful chemicals while you can remove your makeup easily with the use of aloe vera. The slippery nature of the gel can easily collect makeup residue and leave your skin clean.