Every single day, our skin gets exposed to many influences including harsh ultraviolet (UV) sun rays, dust, air pollution, and harsh chemicals. Over time, these factors cause the skin to become dry and dull as well as they can lead to the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and dark spots. But you can prevent all of that by just taking proper care of your skin at night. A proper nightly skin care routine will keep your face, skin, and hair beautiful, clear of blemishes and wrinkle free for years. Below are 6 beauty habits you should do every night before going to sleep.
1. Remove Your Makeup: You should remove every bit of makeup every night before going to sleep. If you leave it, this will clog the pores, and thus cause acne, dark spots, and damaged skin. You can use a makeup remover, facial cleanser or cold cream to cleanse your skin and make it makeup free.
2. Use Eye Cream: It is extremely important to apply eye cream on your eye before going to bed. Eye cream can help moisturize, hydrate, de-puff, reduce dark circles, and minimize the appearance of wrinkles. Start using quality moisturizers and eye cream at night so that in the morning, your skin will be well hydrated and plump.
3. Apply Hand Cream: The applying of hand cream before sleeping will hydrate the skin on the hands, and make them look pretty in the morning. Simply wash the hands with warm water and mild soap, pat them dry with a cotton towel, and apply the hand cream.
4. Pin Up Your Hair: If you are one of those girls who like to sleep with her hair down, you should stop now. Hair contains oils and dirt that can get on your face and cause pimples and acne breakouts. So you should either braid your hair or pin it up into a bun to keep your hair off your face and the pillowcase.
5. Apply Petroleum Jelly on Your Feet: Before going to sleep, wash the feet and pat them dry. Then, apply some moisturizing foot cream or petroleum jelly on the feet. Massage the feet gently, especially the rough patches, and you will soften them and reduce the appearance of cracked heels.
6. Use a Silk Pillowcase: Using a silk pillowcase will avoid both wrinkles on your face and frizzy hair. Most cotton pillowcases are very rough on your hair cuticles and make little creases and folds that transfer to your face.