Cinnamon grows abundantly in Sri Lanka, Indonesia, India and other Asian countries and it has been used for many medicinal purposes. Cinnamon is a natural antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-fungal spice. This fragrant spice contains calcium, fiber, iron and manganese, and within its bark are healing essential oils. This amazing spice has many beauty uses that may surprise you, and below we share some of these beauty uses for cinnamon that will make you immediately add it to your beauty routine.
1. Plumps Skin: Cinnamon can improve fine lines by plumping the skin. This means that using cinnamon can stimulate blood vessels and bring blood to the surface of the skin. Use a mixture of 3 drops essential oil of cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of olive oil or petroleum jelly. Apply this mixture to fine lines on the skin and avoid the eyes. Also, it can be used as a lip plumper, apply a little Vaseline onto your lips and gently pat a pinch of cinnamon on top. Rub the mixture on for a few seconds and then allow it to sit for a minute. Add another coat of Vaseline and you’ll have much fuller lips.
2. Scrubs Skin: If you want to exfoliate your skin during these colder months, cinnamon can be the answer. Add one teaspoon of sugar, one teaspoon of cinnamon and two tablespoons of raw honey. Mix the ingredients and apply to your face. Scrub gently to soften your skin and remove dead cells.
3. Treats Acne: Cinnamon can be used as an effective treatment for acne and pimples.
Mix 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder and 3 tablespoons of honey and apply this on pimples. Leave on for about ten minutes (or until it starts to burn), then wash off and pat face dry. The cinnamon will stop the acne-causing bacteria, and the honey will work to reduce redness and restore moisture. Remember not to use this remedy more than once a week because it could cause skin irritation.
4. Soothes Dry Skin: Cinnamon extracts and powder act as a very good exfoliant, as it can be used to remove dead skin cells as well as restore shine and softness of skin. To acheive this you need to make a scrub out of sea salt, almond oil, olive oil, honey and ground cinnamon.
5. Stimulates Hair Growth: Cinnamon mask is one of the effective natural ways to stimulate hair growth while giving your scalp some TLC. You need to add one teaspoon of cinnamon to four tablespoons of warm olive oil. Part your hair and apply the mask directly to your scalp. Massage it in all over your head. Leave on for ten to fifteen minutes, and then rinse with shampoo. Do this once a week for best results.