Detoxification is the best way to cleanse your body of unwanted toxins and bring your body back to its natural balanced state. A toxic overload in the body is a contributing factor in several chronic illnesses and can damage vital organs. Fortunately, you don’t need to buy special products to detox your body, there are many beneficial herbs that can amazingly detoxify the body. Here are 5 of the best detoxifying herbs used to cleanse various organs and systems of the body
1. Dandelion: The herb dandelion is beneficial for your entire body. It has high amounts of antioxidants and flavonoids that are great for the liver detoxification process. They support bile production, and bile helps transport toxins out of the body. Due to its diuretic nature, dandelion promotes cleansing of the kidneys and bladder as well as relieving issues like water retention, upset stomach and constipation. Also, the nutritious leaves are a good source of vitamins A, B, C and zinc.
2. Red Clover: Red clover is one of the greatest herbs for body detoxficiation. Red clover is also a powerful tonic, helping to assist in toxin breakdown within the lymphatic system. It also stimulates bile production to help the liver process fats in the body. Red clover is a rich source of minerals, including magnesium, copper, calcium, chromium, iron and phosphorus as well as polyphenols, polysaccharides and essential oils.
3. Milk Thistle: This herb is known for its ability to detoxify the liver. It also helps in producing bile, which helps in supporting digestion. Milk thistle can help to regenerate liver cells and provides vital nutrients for the liver in helping it to expel toxins and metabolic waste.
4. Burdock Root: Aside from its unpalatable taste, burdock root is a great blood cleanser and loaded with detoxifying nutrients, such as folic acid, vitamins C, E and magnesium. It works with the liver and lymphatic system to purify the bloodstream of metabolic wastes and toxins. Plus, being a natural diuretic, it increases the rate of urination to remove waste from the body. Also, as a diaphoretic, it promotes sweating to remove toxins from the body through skin.
5. Cilantro: The aromatic herb cilantro is most often used to chelate heavy metals like mercury from the body. In fact, it is one of the best herbs for dealing with heavy metal toxicity. It also causes the liver to release bile to aid digestion, which is important for eliminating toxins.