Having a supple and soft lips is what every girl wants. Although, there are many lip scrubs products, they are always pricey. SO why not to save a little money and get the same results by the simplest ways. You can make homemade lip scrubs from some common ingredients found in your kitchen. Here are some homemade lip scrubs to say goodbye to chapped lips.
1. Sugar Lip Scrub: Sugar is one of the perfect ingredients that can be used to make an effective lip scrub. Its grainy texture can scrape away dead skin cells from the lips.
– Mix 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with a few drops of honey. Apply this mixture on your lips and gently scrub for 1 to 2 minutes. Wash it off with warm water, then moisturize with your lip balm. Use 1-2 times weekly.
– Alternatively, combine equal amounts of sugar, olive oil, and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Use this mixture to gently scrub your lips. Wipe it off with a tissue and splash warm water on your lips. Then apply some lip balm.
2. Mint Lip Scrub: This scrub will leave your lips feeling tingly, fresh and plump.
– In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup sugar with 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 drop peppermint oil.
– Hold a warm washcloth over lips for 3-5 minutes to soften. Spread the minty scrub over your lips and let sit for 5 minutes. Wash off with a warm washcloth and apply usual lip balm.
3. Almond Lip Scrub: Almonds are another widely used ingredient for making a soothing and effective lip scrub.
– In a small bowl, mix 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground almond with1 teaspoon each of refined sugar, honey and almond oil.
– Mix the ingredients thoroughly, and then apply this homemade lip scrub on your lips.
– Wait 2 minutes, then use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently scrub your lips. Rinse off your lips with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply some almond oil.
4. Strawberries: Juicy strawberries are also beneficial for your lips. They can help get rid of dead skin cells and make your dark lips into rosy pink lips.
– Cut a ripe strawberry in half. Lightly smash the halved part and scrub your lips with it for a couple of minutes. Leave the strawberry paste on your lips for 10 minutes then, rinse it off with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.