Oats are one of the most popular cereals that provide us with the right way to start our day. Oats are full of fiber, and just one cup contains more than 10 grams of protein. Due to their nutritional value, they can provide many beauty benefits. Oats can help with many beauty issues and that is why you need to start incorporating them into your beauty routine. Let’s look at some of the simple ways to use oats for better skin.
1. Clears Acne: Oatmeal works as a natural cleanser and pH balancer, so it can be a good treatment for acne. Boil some oatmeal to make it soft and apply it on the affected area after it reaches room temperature. Wash off after 10 minutes. This will absorb and remove excess oil and bacteria from your skin and exfoliate dead skin cells, thus helping to combat acne.
2. Moisturizes Skin: It acts as a natural moisturizer by removing the dead skin cells. It contains beta-glucan that forms a fine film on your skin as well as penetrates deep into the skin to provide much needed deep moisturizing to your skin. It also aids in healing wounds. Mix milk, honey, and oats to form a mask which will work as a natural moisturizer for your skin.
3. Relives Itchiness: Oats have anti-inflammatory properties and are suitable for all skin types. They are clinically effective in healing dry and itchy skin. Mix ground oatmeal with lukewarm water and then spread over itchy areas to get relief. Another alternative could be an oatmeal bath to get relief from neurodermatitis.
4. Fights Eczema: Due to its soothing qualities, oatmeal is also a natural remedy for more serious skin conditions like eczema. Add one part finely ground oats to three parts melted coconut oil, mix well and then let cool. Use as you would a normal eczema cream.
5. Improves Skin Complexion: Oats are useful if you want even toned, smooth and soft skin. And that is why it is widely used in many skin care products such as body scrubs, soaps, exfoliating creams. Mix oats with lemon juice and honey; scrub your facial skin with this. And you will see a great result.
6. Cleanse your face: Oats contain natural cleansers called saponins that can remove dirt and oil from the pores without causing irritation. It leaves your skin soft and silky and reduces pore size. You can allow oatmeal to set into its mushy texture with hot water and scrub your face with it.