Girls love their eyelashes to look long and fluttering and that is why they always use mascara or fake eyelashes to get the job done. But what about going natural and start looking for some natural remedies that will promote thicker growth for your eyelashes. Although, there are some factors that contribute to thin eyelashes including genetics, certain medical conditions, and a nutritional deficiency, following a proper routine care can be your first step to enjoy thicker lashes. Here are 4 natural remedies to make your eyelashes longer and beautiful.
1. Olive Oil: Olive oil is a well-known natural remedy for thicker hair growth as well as eyelashes. This oil is rich in vitamin E and oleic acid that nourish and add volume to your eyelashes. It also helps keep the lashes dark.
• Dip a clean, old mascara stick or simply a cotton swab in warm olive oil.
• Before going to bed, apply the oil carefully on your lashes, just as you would apply mascara.
• Leave it on overnight, then wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
• Repeat this remedy daily for a few months until you get the desired result.
2. Castor Oil: The powerful follicle-stimulating and nourishing castor oil can help you enjoy lustrous and voluminous lashes. It also helps fight micro-organisms that hamper growth.
• Use a clean brush or a cotton swab to apply castor oil on your lashes before going to bed. You can also add a few drops of vitamin E oil to the castor oil before applying.
• Leave it on overnight, then rinse it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
3. Petroleum Jelly: Pure petroleum jelly if applied to your lashes regularly at night helps your lashes grow faster making them thicker and stronger.
• Carefully apply some petroleum jelly on the eyelashes and leave it on overnight.
• Do this every night.
4. Lemon Peels: The peels are rich in vitamins C and B, folic acid and other nutrients that promote the growth of eyelashes.
• Put 1 tablespoon of moderately dried lemon peels in a container.
• Pour enough olive or castor oil into the container, so that the peels get soaked.
• Allow it to sit for a couple of weeks.
• Now, apply this oil on the eyelashes before going to bed, using an old mascara stick.
• Repeat this every night for a few months.