Lipstick is one of the things we would like to last for as long as possible. It has the power to enhance your look, make your outfit, and make your face shine. On the other side, it’s not a make-up product which tends to last long and can look shabby by the end of the day. And as we don’t have the time for endless touch-ups, we need to look for smart ways to make lipstick last longer. To save your time, here are 6 secrets to long-lasting lipstick.
1. Exfoliate your lips. To ensure your lipstick lasts, you’ll want to ensure there are no flakes of dead skin on your pout. Use a lip scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells off your lips.
2. Next, apply a hydrating, non-oily lip balm. Anything with a waxy consistency is preferred over a slippery texture that will cause the color to slide right off.
3. Try a lip primer. This product creates a smooth surface for your lipstick and prevents the lipstick from spilling out of your lips. Foundation also serves the same purpose and can be used in place of lip primer. This also gives it a little something extra to adhere to. If you have a dark skin tone, this also helps enhance the lipstick’s true color.
4. Take a lip liner and outline the lips, as well as fill them in. Lip pencils have waxier formulas in contrast to lipsticks. Because of this longer staying power, it creates a barrier that keeps the color intact within your lips. By adding this step, the lipstick will cling to your lips keeping your make-up flawless through the day. You can use a lip pencil closest to the shade of your lipstick or go for a neutral or universal lip liner.
5. Use a long wear lipstick formula. Selecting the right lipstick is a crucial decision. Long wear lipsticks do hold up to their claims as they contain extra pigment and lesser moisturizing agents so they tend to last longer than creamier products.
6. To get the perfect pout, apply the lipstick using a lip brush. Apply your color carefully and selectively instead of swiping the lipstick on in one slick motion. Swipe the brush from the corners to the center to get well-defined lips and a long lasting finish. Voila!