Most of women and girls love makeup, but they hate the task of removing it. Many of them tend to use makeup wipes and liquid removers for removing makeup as they are easy and effective, but such products can irritate their eyes and hurt their skin over time. For example, alcohol-based removers can be especially irritating or drying to the skin. Some even contain various preservatives including formaldehyde, which can be an allergen. Here are a few natural ways to remove your makeup without the use of harsh chemicals:
1. Cucumber: Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory and oil-busting properties, so they will help to soothe irritated skin or acne-prone skin and
• Extract some cucumber juice into a bowl and store it in a spray bottle. Spray the juice on your face, then use a muslin cloth to gently clean your skin. Finally, rinse your face with clean water.
• To remove tough makeup, take one cucumber and blend into a paste, then add a little bit of milk or olive oil to the mixture.
2. Milk: It is known that the milk can do wonders for skin but it also acts as an excellent makeup remover and it is much cheaper than most drug-store removers. The whole milk contains fat and proteins that help to hydrate your skin and enable it to retain moisture.
• Put some milk into a small bowl and dip a cotton ball in it.
• Rub this cotton ball all over your face to remove your makeup.
• Finally, rinse with water for a makeup-free and refreshed face.
3. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil: Extra-virgin olive oil is another effective natural makeup remover. It can remove even the toughest waterproof makeup. At the same time, it will keep your skin well-moisturized.
• Apply some extra-virgin olive oil over your face and massage your face. Then, wipe your face thoroughly with cotton balls and you are done.
4. Yogurt: Yogurt is another kitchen staple that is great for your skin because it serves a number of different purposes. Using yogurt on your skin can help to moisturize it, and it’s perfect for relieving sunburns. It is also considered as one of the most effective ways to remove makeup.
• Take a clean cotton round and dip it into some plain yogurt.
• Rub it all over your face in a circular motion.
• Finally, rinse your face with cool water.