Cleaning the oven is one of the tasks that are always put back. We tend to persuade ourselves that the germs can’t survive in the oven, so there is no health risk. But for sure this isn’t true, the oven is one of the places in your kitchen that germs can accumulate in. Although, there are many products that can help you in cleaning your oven, going natural is always better. Here are 5 natural oven cleaners that will clean your oven and save your money.
1) Baking Soda and Salt
• 1/4 cup baking soda
• 1 Tbsp salt
• 2 Tbsp water to make a thick paste (leave on overnight)
1. Make into a thick paste and leave for a few hours or overnight before scrubbing.
2) Oven Vinegar steam clean:
• Boiling Water.
1. Spray the vinegar around the oven walls and bottom to prepare your oven for a vinegar steam clean.
2. Add some boiling water in a flat bowl with 50% vinegar and give the solution a bake for 30 minutes. This will effectively clean oven with vinegar steam as the vinegar steam will work its way into all the hard-to-get grease.
3. When the oven vinegar steam is over and the oven is still warm, get scouring using the remaining vinegar and water solution in the bowl.
4. Finally, use vinegar and newspaper to clean the glass oven door.
3) Borax, Vinegar, Dish Soap, and Water
• 1 Tbsp Borax
• 1/4 cup white vinegar
• 1 ½ Tbsp dish soap
• 1 cup hot water
• 1 cup baking soda
1. Combine borax, white vinegar, dish soap, and water.
2. Pour onto bottom of the oven and sprinkle with baking soda.
3. Leave for a few hours or overnight before scrubbing.
1. On a still warm oven, spray rubbing alcohol around the oven and add alcohol to a dampened scrunched newspaper to start scrubbing.
5) Washing Soda, Dish Soap, and Vinegar
• 1/2 cup of washing soda
• 1 Tbsp dish soap
• 1 Tbsp white vinegar
1. Combine all the ingredients. The will form a foamy paste.
2. Rub onto the surface and leave for a few hours or overnight before scrubbing.