Yeast infection is a painful condition that million of women experience every year. A yeast infection is basically caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeast called Candida albicans. The most common signs of a yeast infection are extremely uncomfortable itching, burning and pain, and odorless vaginal discharge. In the following, we will mention the most common natural remedies that can eliminate the infection effectively.
• Externally apply coconut oil to the affected areas three times a day.
• Alternatively, mix equal amounts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and apply the mixture of the affected areas to control the growth of the infection.
• Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in one cup of warm water and drink it twice a day for few days.
• Mix three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 quart of water and add this mixture to your hot bath. Soak your body in this bath for about an hour. This will reduce the irritation and itching.
3. Garlic: Garlic has natural antifungal, antibacterial and natural antibiotic components that work perfectly for treating any kind of yeast infection.
• Eat a few fresh garlic cloves every day or take a couple of garlic tablets.
• Crush a few garlic cloves and make a paste out of it. Apply the garlic paste directly onto the affected skin area.
4. Cranberries: Cranberry can help with yeast infections because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It is also good for treating bladder infections.
• Drink unsweetened cranberry juice several times a day to help boost healthy pH and fight off fungal infection
5. Yogurt: Yogurt contains a friendly strain of bacteria called lactobacillus acidophilus which can control the growth of infection in the body.
• Externally, apply plain yogurt on the affected skin area and leave it for at least several hours before wash to reduce the irritation sensation.
• For a vaginal yeast infection, insert 1 or 2 tablespoons of yogurt into the vagina and let it sit for two hours.
6. Tea Tree Oil: It contains powerful natural antifungal properties that are effective in fighting yeast infections. Pregnant women should not use this remedy.
• Dilute organic tea tree oil with water or one teaspoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Rub the diluted oil over the affected skin area several times a day.